51st Annual Juried Exhibition
Download full prospectus and labels here..
ENTRY DEADLINE – NOVEMBER 6, 2020
Exhibition Dates: March 5th, 2021 through June 26, 2021
Opening Reception & Awards- Friday, March 5th, 2021 – 6:00 – 8:00pm
Awards presented at 5:30
Hot Springs Convention Center
Awards over $5,000 are anticipated.
Juror, Tom Francesconi, AWS, NWS,TWSA
Tom Francesconi studied watercolor at the American Academy of Art in Chicago. His paintings
have been exhibited in many national exhibitions, which include the American Watercolor Society,
National Watercolor Society and the 2015 Shenzhen, China International Biennial Exhibition. He
has earned signature membership in numerous watercolor societies, including the American
Watercolor Society, National Watercolor Society, Watercolor West, Rocky Mountain National
Watermedia and the Transparent Watercolor Society of America, of which he has been honored
with ‘Master’ status. Tom has served as president of the Transparent Watercolor Society of
America. His work has been published in eight books on American Watercolor. Tom has written
articles for Watercolor Artist, Watercolor Magic and Watercolor magazines. Tom’s paintings are
held in the corporate collections of Inland Real Estate Corporation, CNA Insurance Company and
Morgan Stanley Financial Services Company, all of Illinois, and in many private collections
throughout the United States. Along with his weekly classes in Chicago, Tom has conducted
watercolor workshops throughout the United States, Canada, France, Italy and Croatia.
MSW reserves the right to change the exhibition to “online
only” should circumstances call for such.
Online Juried Shows (www.onlinejuriedshows.com) will handle all the
1. Membership dues must be paid on or before November 6, 2020.
2. Entry deadline date is Friday, November 6, 2020.
3. Notification of acceptance/decline by email by December 11, 2020.
4. Shipment of accepted entries to Galleries at Library Square must arrive between
February 8-12, 2021 (instructions in this prospectus.)
5. Hand-deliver accepted paintings to Galleries at Library Square on Monday,
February 15, 2021, between 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
6. Opening Reception & Awards, Friday, March 12, 2021, 5:30-8:00p.m.. Exhibition
will be open to the public March 12th through June 26, 2021.
7. Pick up paintings at Galleries at Library Square, Monday, June 28, 2021- 10:00
a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
8. Please note that artist’s statements are due to the exhibition chair no later than
January 15, 2021.
1. Artists - This exhibition is open to artists anywhere who are current members of Mid-
Southern Watercolorists, Inc. (MSW), or who become members as a condition of
entering the exhibition.
2. Artist’s original work only. No copies or likeness of work including photographs,
published works or references not attributable to the artist are eligible. Work painted
under the guidance of a teacher is not permitted.
3. No work previously exhibited in a juried MSW show is eligible.
4. MSW reserves the right to refuse any work submitted.
5. Paintings must be on paper or Yupo. Media may be watercolor, acrylic, casein,
gouache, egg tempera. Collage materials, if used, must be the artist’s original work
and must meet the media criteria above. No pastels, digital images, or any form of
print or reproductions.
6. Size - There is no minimum size. However, the maximum unframed size for entries
should not exceed 44”. (See Framing Requirements in full prospectus)
Entry Information and Fees Deadline is November 6, 2020.
1. This is a members-only exhibition. Yearly dues are $40. You may pay
membership fees online at www.midsouthernwatercolorists.com, then immediately
mail the completed membership application provided on the last page of this
prospectus. Once payment has been submitted you may upload your images with
OJS. Artists whose membership is not current and whose dues payment has not
been received by November 6 will not be considered for the exhibition. Artists
may submit one or two paintings. The entry fee for the exhibition is $40 for up to
2. To enter, go to www.midsouthernwatercolorists.com, click on the link to
www.onlinejuriedshows.com and follow the directions in the next section.
3. No digital enhancement is allowed; image should represent the painting.
4. Please refer to tutorials and videos at www.onlinejuriedshows.com for assistance with
photographing, uploading and resizing images.
5. Please add email@example.com and
firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list to ensure
notifications are received.
Checklist for entering the MSW Annual Exhibition
~Online Entry fee paid ($40 for one or two entries)
~Current Membership paid ($40 for new membership or for renewal if membership
dues are not current)
~Entry form, completed and included
~ Make a copy of all information for your file
** Neither the exhibition committee nor the venue will be responsible for
removing or storing paintings not collected on the appropriate day.
Send special inquiries and problems by email to Kathy Kemp at email@example.com